Gluten Free Pluot Tartlets are the perfect dessert for diabetics. Naturally sweet, this dessert contains no added sugar and is only 142 calories per serving.
- 4 cups pluots, organic
- 4 small tortillas, gluten free, low sodium
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed orange juice, unsweetened
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, organic
- Wash and slice pluots and place in a small saucepan.
- Add cinnamon, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice.
- Bring to boil and immediately turn down heat to simmer.
- Let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes while you prepare tortillas to allow pluots to release natural sugars.
- Lightly coat tortillas with EVO using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Lightly coat insides of 4 medium ramekins with EVO.
- Using fingers to fold and pinch edges, line each ramekin with one tortilla cinnamon side out to create mini pastry shells.
- Divide pluots evenly among for ramekins and sprinkle tops with extra cinnamon.
- Bake tartlets in 350° oven until tortillas are browned and crisp and filling bubbles. About 20 mins.
- Serve warm or chilled with dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream.