Watermelon-Pear Turnovers (GF)
Gluten Free Watermelon-Pear Turnovers
- 4 small flour tortillas, gluten free
- 3 cups watermelon & pear pulp (see EIR, Watermelon Pear Ice )
- 1 tsp 100% pure vanilla extract, no alcohol
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground + 1/4 tsp for coconut cream
- 1 tsp raw agave nectar (optional) or 2 tsp yacon syrup
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- In a small saucepan add watermelon pear pulp, vanilla, 1 tsp sugar and optional raw agave nectar and 1 tbsp. distilled water. (May substitute 2 tsp yacon syrup = 0 on glycemic index scales).
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer immediately while you prepare the "pastry".
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat both sides of small tortillas with EVO.
- Sprinkle one side with cinnamon.
- Divide watermelon-pear mixture evenly between tortillas.
- Fold over tortilla and press edges together using drops of water to seal.
- Bake in preheat 350° oven until tortilla shell is golden brown and lightly crisped. About 15-20 mins.
- Serve with 1 tbsp. of cinnamon-coconut whipped cream per serving or, ala mode with your favorite dairy free ice cream.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.