Sirloin & Black Bean Chili
- 1 lbs sirloin steak, lean, cubed 1/2 inch
- 1 med jalepeños pepper
- 1 med onion
- 8 med tomatoes, vine ripened, crushed
- 30 oz black bean, canned, no sodium added
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Cube sirloin and pan sear in 1/2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Finely chop jalapeno, coarsely chop onion and mince garlic.
- Place in 4 quart pot and sauté with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil until onion are translucent.
- Add fresh crushed tomatoes. May substitute 28 oz can, low sodium can tomatoes.
- Add pan seared sirloin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Garnish each serving with 1/2 tbsp. sour cream and fresh minced parsley.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.