Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 med red pepper, sweet, raw
- 2 clove garlic, raw
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, raw
- 1/3 cup sesame tahini butter, roasted, organic
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 15 oz garbanzo bean, chickpeas, low sodium
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- Roast whole red pepperunder broiler or on open stovetop flame until skin is charred.
- Place in a paper bag to cool.
- Once cool, peel off skin and chop into large chunks.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- In a food processor combine garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini and process until smooth.
- Add red pepper, basil and cayenne.
- Process until desired consistency. May be slightly chunky or smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.