MUSHROOM AND ASPARAGUS BROWN RICE RISOTTO
- 32 oz VEGETABLE BROTH ORGANIC LOW SODIUM
- 1 cup MUSHROOM, PORTABELLA, RAW, DICED
- 1 cup ASPARAGUS, CUT IN 1 INCH PIECES
- 2 tsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- 1/2 cup ONION, RAW, CHOPPED
- 1 clove GARLIC, RAW
- 1 cup BROWN RICE, DRY, ORGANIC
- 1/4 cup GOOD WHITE WINE, ANY VARIET
- 2 tbsp BASIL, FRESH, CHOPPED
- 2 tbsp PARMESAN CHEESE, SHREDDED
- 1 tsp BLACK PEPPER, GROUND
- 1/2 tsp SALT, SEA
- Bring broth to a simmer in a saucepan and keep warm. In a skillet, sauté mushrooms and asparagus in 1 tsp olive oil until mushrooms are tender and asparagus are tender crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tsp oil to skillet and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add rice and continue to cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add white wine and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition and waiting until liquid is almost absorbed before adding more broth, about 20 minutes.
- When all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender and creamy add mushrooms, basil, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir and enjoy.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.