Cornish Game Hen
- 1 bird CORNISH GAME HEN, RAW W/SKIN
- 1/2 tbsp BUTTER, REGULAR, UNSALTED
- 1 tbsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- 1 tbsp THYME, FRESH
- 3/4 tsp SAGE, GROUND
- 1/2 tbsp GARLIC, RAW
- 1/8 tsp SALT, SEA
- 1/8 tsp BLACK PEPPER, GROUND
- Melt butter and mix with olive oil.
- Wash hen and coat liberally with melted butter/oil mixture, herbs and spices.
- Truss legs and roast in a preheated 450 degree oven ( breast side up) for about 1 hour. Skin should be browned and juice should run clear when punctured.
- Note: Thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast should read 167 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the hen from the oven and tent with foil.
- Let rest 10 minutes before splitting in half and serving.
- Serve with chestnut sage dressing.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.