Angel Food Cake (GF)
- 3/4 cup ALL PURPOSE GLUTEN FREE FLOUR
- 3/4 cup MAPLE SYRUP, 100%, organic
- 1/4 cup CORNSTARCH, organic
- 1 1/2 cups EGG WHITES
- 1/4 tsp SEA SALT, fine
- 1 ½ tsp CREAM OF TARTAR
- 2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT, 100% pure, no alcohol
- 1/4 tsp ALMOND EXTRACT, 100% pure, no alcohol
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons CANE SUGAR, RAW, pulsed until superfine
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour and cornstarch and stir in maple syrup. Set aside.
- Pulse raw sugar in food processor until grains are superfine. About 5-6 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and beat until egg whites increased in volume and thicken.
- Gradually beat in the 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw sugar, a bit at a time until egg whites (meringue) forms soft peaks.
- Gently fold in meringue ¼ cup at a time, just until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into an ungreased 10" round pan.
- Gently tap pan to remove air bubbles from batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or the top springs back when pressed lightly and cake is deep golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven and invert pan onto cooling rack and until cake completely cools.
- Once cooled, remove from pan by running a thin spatula or knife around the edges of the pan, then turn cake out onto a plate.
- Cake should be cut the cake with a serrated knife.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.