White Bean & Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar, apple cider
- ¼ cup lemon juice, raw
- 1 dash pepper, black, ground
- 2 cups white beans
- 2/3 cups red pepper, sweet, raw
- ½ cup fennel bulb, raw
- ¼ cup spring onions or scallions, raw
- ¼ cup basil, fresh
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 slices french or vienna bread, toasted, small
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice and season to your taste with pepper.
- Set the dressing aside for 30 minutes.
- Cook and dice up the chicken.
- Combine the chicken, beans, red bell pepper, fresh fennel and onions in a mixing bowl and toss thoroughly.
- Add the dressing, basil, fennel seeds, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently and season to your taste, applying the pepper liberally.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toast both sides of the french bread under the broiler about 30 seconds or just until golden.
- Slice each piece in quarters diagonally and place them on individual salad plates with the points arranged in the shape of a star.
- Mound the salad in the center and serve.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.