- 19 oz chickpeas, canned (garbanzo)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, raw
- 1/4 cup sesame butter, tahini
- 1/4 cup water, bottled
- 1 Clove garlic, raw (minced)
- 1/4 tsp pepper, red or cayenne
- 1 dash pepper, black, ground
- 1/2 cup parsley, raw
- In a blender or food processor, combine chick-peas, lemon juice, tahini, 1/4 cup water, garlic, oil, cumin, cayenne, and pepper.
- Process, scraping sides occasionally, until mixture is a smooth paste.
- If mixture is too thick, add more water, a few drops at a time.
- Stir in parsley.
- Tip on tahini: You can find tahini, a sesame seed paste, in health food stores and some supermarket. If you prefer, you can make your own by blending 1/2 cup sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and a few drops of vegetable oil.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.