- 1 ½ cup onion, raw, sliced
- 1 cup red pepper, sweet, raw, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, raw
- 1 lb ground beef, 95% lean
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- ¾ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, light
- 2 ½ tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup wine, red table
- 42 oz tomatoes, diced
- 22 oz kidney beans, no added salt, organic
- Heat a large Dutch oven.
- Add oil and onion, red pepper and garlic.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Add chili powder and the next 6 ingredients.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add red wine, tomatoes and drained and rinsed kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Uncover and cook 30 minutes.
- Like most chilies this is better the next day or frozen and used later.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.