Toppless Chicken Pot Pies
- 2 lbs chicken breast, skinless
- 16 oz frozen peas and carrots, organic
- 1 med onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp. sage, fresh, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. parsley, fresh, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, unrefined
- 1 tbsp. butter, no added salt
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 pkg prepared gluten free pie crust
- Roll out pie crust and cut into twelve, 3 inch circles.
- Press each circle into lightly oiled and floured muffin tin.
- Cut chicken breast into 12 inch cubes and brown on medium high in skillet with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Remove chicken from pan and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Transfer to 4 quart boiler and add sage, parsley and frozen vegetables.
- Add with flour, salt and pepper to skillet mixing with scrapings rom chicken and onion sauté. Brown flour mixture on medium high heat with remaining 1/2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Slowly add 1 cup chicken broth to make a thick roux.
- Add roux to vegetables and chicken in 4 quart boiler.
- Slowly add remaining chicken broth and 1 cup water and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower heat to medium and continue cooking for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Mixture should be liquid but not runny.
- Once desired consistency is reached remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables into pie crusts in prepared muffin tins.
- Bake in 350° oven until edges of pie crust is golden brown. About 25 minutes.
- Garnish with grated parmigiana reggiano before serving.
- Pies can be prepared and frozen (unbaked) for up to 1 month. If freezing line muffin tin with metal baking cups before filling and allow filling to completely cool before placing pies in air-tight, freezer safe container.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.