Swiss Chard with Lemon & Pine Nuts
- 6 cups Swiss chard, raw
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts, dried
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- Dry toast pine nuts on stovetop in skillet over medium high heat until light brown, being careful not to scorch. About 2 minutes.
- Cut Swiss chard into strips, removing spines.
- Combine chard, water and 1/12 tsp of lemon juice in non-reactive pan.
- Simmer until tender, stirring frequently for about 10 -15 minutes.
- Drain and finish with a sprinkle of lemon zest before serving.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.