Swiss Chard with Lemon & Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp PINE NUTS, RIED
- 6 cup SWISS CHARD, RAW
- 1 cup WATER, DISTILLED
- 1 tbsp LEMON JUICE, FRESH
- 1 tbsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- 1 dash SALT, SEA
- 1/2 tsp BLACK PEPPER, GROUND
- Dry toast pine nuts in a skillet on the stove top until light brown, being careful not to burn pine nuts .
- Cut the Swiss chard into strips.
- Combine chard, water and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice in a non-reactive pan.
- Simmer until tender, stirring frequently about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain chard and toss with remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.