Spinach Mushroom & Artichoke Casserole
- 1 cup onion, raw, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 cloves garlic, raw
- 1 ½ cup mushroom, raw, pieces or slices
- 3 ½ cup spinach, baby
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, nonfat
- 4 oz feta cheese, reduced fat, crumbled
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs, whole
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs, gluten free
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions, black pepper and chopped garlic.
- Add mushrooms and spinach and cook until spinach wilts and mushrooms release liquid.
- Remove from heat, drain excess liquid and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix quartered artichoke hearts, ricotta and feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add nutmeg.
- Add to eggs with cheese and spinach/mushroom mixture.
- Stir in bread crumbs and transfer to baking dish.
- Bake casserole for 35-40 minutes.
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake another 10-15 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Makes a great breakfast casserole or a light lunch or dinner. Also freezes well.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.