Salisbury Steak (Vegan)
Vegan Salisbury Steak
- The Steak:
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms, organic
- 8 oz pinto beans, organic, no sodium
- 1 cup onions, diced
- ½ cup potato flour, organic
- 2 tsp, soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- The Sauce:
- 2 tsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined (EVO)
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 tsp soy sauce, organic, low sodium
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- For Salisbury Steaks, pulse all ingredients.
- Form into 6" steak patties and coat with gluten free flour.
- In a large skillet heat EVO on medium high heat.
- Brown each steak. About 2-3 minutes each side.
- Remove Steaks from skillet and add 1 tbsp. of EVO and flour.
- Brown flour in EVO to make paste gravy base.
- Add vegetable broth, soy sauce and pepper, whisking constantly to ensure no lumps form.
- Bring to rolling boil and remove from heat.
- May need more or less broth to produce desired consistency.
- Top steaks with gravy and serve.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.