Red Rice Salad
- 1 cup red wild rice, raw
- 2 ¼ cup water, distilled
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 tbsp shallots, raw
- 1 small tomato, red, ripe, raw
- ¼ cup red pepper, sweet, raw
- ¼ cup green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp vinegar, red wine
- Preheat the oven to 400 °.
- Rinse the rice briefly in cold water and place in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand 10 minutes.
- While the rice cooks, heat the olive oil in a medium-size oven proof skillet.
- Add shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomato and peppers.
- Cook over low-medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until just heated through, set aside until the rice is ready.
- Fluff the rice with a fork (you will notice the color has deepened) and stir the cooked vegetables into the rice.
- Stir in the vinegar and season to your taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- This can also be done ahead of time and reheated just before serving.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.