Red Lentil Soup (V)
Red Lentil Soup (Vegan)
- 1 cup split red lentils, organic
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Chop shallots and add to pan.
- In a medium saucepan, sweat shallots over medium heat with 1 tsp EVO until translucent.
- Add white wine and bring to a quick boil.
- Immediately add remaining ingredients and return to boil.
- Immediately lower heat and let simmer 25 minutes or until lentils become tender.
- Garnish with fresh sprigs of thyme.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.