Quinoa Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms (V)
Quinoa Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
1 mushroom per serving
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, with stems
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup snow peas, chopped
- 2 tsps. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. parsley, minced
- 1 tsp oregano, minced
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 dash sea salt
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions, substituting 1 cup vegetable broth for 1 cup of water.
- Add parsley oregano, and thyme to quinoa right before liquid is completely absorbed mixing throughout and adding
- Wash and hull portabella mushrooms, reserving stems.
- Coat caps with 1 tsp of EVO and place under broiler for 8 minutes, turning mushrooms halfway through. Mushroom caps should be cooked through and tender, yet firm.
- Keep warmed. May also be grilled instead.
- Chop portabella mushroom stems and snow peas pods into bite sized pieces.
- Sauté chopped mushroom stems, garlic and snow peas with dash of sea salt in 1 tbsp. EVO until mushrooms and pea pods are tender. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add prepared quinoa to sautéed vegetables mixing well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with mixture, dividing evenly between each mushroom cap.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of smoked paprika and light drizzle of EVO before serving.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.