Quinoa Salad with Spinach Blueberries & Feta
- 1 cup quinoa, organic
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth, organic, low sodium
- 1/2 cup almonds, raw, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, raw
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- 5 oz feta cheese, reduced fat, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, raw
- 4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- In a large pot bring 2 cups broth and quinoa to a boil.
- Cook about 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet until golden and allow to cool.
- Dice onion and chop basil.
- In a small bowl mix lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper.
- Add basil to the dressing.
- Once the quinoa and almonds are cool add the feta, blueberries and spinach.
- Toss with dressing and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.