Quinoa Collard Wraps (V or Veg)
Quinoa Collard Wraps (Vegan or Vegetarian)
- 4 large collard green leaves
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp. thyme, fresh, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions, substituting 1 cup vegetable (or chicken broth) for 1 cup water.
- In a large saute pan, pour 1 cup of water and bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Steaming leaf one at a time, place washed collard leaves in hot water for 2 -3 minutes. Turn leaf to ensure both side is steamed. Collard should become soft and pliable with steam application.
- Place each steamed leaf on paper towel to dry.
- Using your thumb, press firmly along center steam to break down fiber so leaf can be easily folded.
- Remove water from sauce pan and heat 2 tsp of EVO on medium heat.
- Once EVO is heated add chopped mushrooms and spices to pan and saute on medium high until mushrooms are tender and spices release fragrance. About 5 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to prepared quinoa.
- Using a serving spoon, spoon quinoa and mushrooms in the center of each leaf, dividing evenly among leaves.
- Started at stem end, roll collard leaves to enclose quinoa and mushrooms into leaves burrito style.
- And secure with toothpick.
- Store wraps in fridge in airtight container for up to 4 days. May be served warmed or at room temperature.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.