Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa grain
- 1 cup vegetable broth organic, no added sodium
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil,100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 cup onion, raw, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, raw
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sweet corn, organic
- 15 oz black beans, no added salt, organic
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
- Sautè onion and chopped garlic in EVO on medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add broth, quinoa, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in corn and simmer 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Rinse and drain beans and to quinoa along with cilantro and basil.
- Can be served warm or chill and have cold.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.