Potato Leek Soup
- 1 stalk LEEKS, ORGANIC, RAW
- ½ lb NEW WHITE POTATOES, ORGANIC, SKIN ON
- 4 cloves GARLIC, RAW, CRUSHED
- 1 med SHALLOT
- 1 cup BABY SPINACH, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 4 cups VEGETABLE OR CHICKEN BROTH, ORGANIC, LOW SODIUM
- ¼ cup RED WINE, TABLE, RED BLEND
- 1 tbsp BUTTER, ORGANIC, UNSALTED
- 2 tbsp EVO, 100% FIRST COLD PRESSED, UNREFINED
- Soak leeks to remove grit between leaves.
- Split leek down the middle and slice each halve into ½ inch thick strips and set aside.
- Wash and cut potatoes (skin on) in quarters.
- In 5 quart Dutch boiler, boil potatoes in vegetable or chicken broth until almost tender About 15 minutes then reduce heat to medium low. Potatoes should be tender but not mushy.
- Sauté leeks and garlic in 1 tbsp of EVO until leeks are barely tender.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and red wine (optional) and cook until wine is reduced (approximately 2 minutes) then add to boiler.
- Cook on low for additional 10 minutes, adding sea salt and pepper to taste.
- For a creamy base, remove about a half cup of potatoes and broth and puree in blender/food processor and incorporate puree into soup.
- Stir in fresh spinach just before serving and garnish with a dash of paprika and dollop of sour cream.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.