Penne with Quick Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 1 large onion, raw
- 1 lb penne pasta, gluten free
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried, ground
- 1 dash pepper, black, ground
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 med plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 °.
- Place onion, cut side down, on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until very soft.
- Coarsely chop onion.
- In large pot of lightly salted boiling water add pasta.
- Heat EVO over low heat in a medium-size non-stick pan skillet.
- Add the oregano, stirring for about 1 minute, then add onion and stir until heated through and coated with oil.
- Add tomatoes and season lightly with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Simmer 4 or 5 minutes, stirring frequently until tomatoes release juices.
- Pour drained pasta into a large serving bowl and puree tomato/onion mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Immediately pour over pasta and serve with cheese.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.