Penne with Chicken, Peas & Asparagus
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 8 oz penne pasta, rice, dry
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 cup asparagus, raw (1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 3 oz cream cheese, nonfat
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Chop onion and garlic and cube chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat on medium.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pong. About 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, asparagus, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and whisk in cream cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook additional 3 minutes, sprinkling with parmesan cheese and stirring until cheese if melted.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.