Orange Milano Cookies (GF)
- 1/2 cup BUTTER, UNSALTED, ORGANIC
- 1 1/2 cup RAW CANE SUGAR, Organic
- 1 large EGG WHITE
- 1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT, organic, no alcohol
- 3 tbsp ORANGE JUICE, fresh
- 2 tbsp ORANGE PEEL
- 2 cup GLUTEN FREE ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 tsp XANTHAN GUM
- 1/2 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 tsp SALT, SEA
- 1 cup CHOCOLATE CHIPS, DARK CHOCOLATE, VEGAN
- 2 tbsp MAPLE SYRUP, PURE
- 1 tsp ORANGE PEEL, RAW
- 2 tbsp ORANGE JUICE, Organic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Add egg white, vanilla, orange juice and orange zest and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating on slow and scraping down the sides.
- On a large ungreased baking sheet, place about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie, spreading into a 2x4 inch rectangle until all the batter is gone ( 36 small cookies) being sure to separate so they won't stick together when they spread.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set and edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing with a spatula to a cooling
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, adding maple syrup, 1 tsp orange peel and 1 tsp orange juice. Working quickly (chocolate needs to remain warm whole piping), pipe about 1 1/2 teaspoons or filling onto 14 cookies.
- Place other cookie on top (flat side in) to create a sandwich.
- Allow chocolate to cool and set.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.