Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1 med eggplant, raw
- 1 med zucchini w/skin, raw
- 1 med delicata squash
- 1 onion onion, sweet, raw
- 6 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 cup quinoa, dry
- 6 tbsp lemon juice, raw
- 5 oz feta cheese, reduced fat, crumbled
- 1 pint tomato, red, ripe, raw, cherry
- 2 tbsp basil, fresh, chopped
- Cut eggplant and squash length-wise into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Peel onion and slice into thick rings.
- Brush vegetables with 2 tablespoons oil and season with ½ tsp pepper.
- Grill or broil 1 to 2 minutes a side.
- Remove and cool.
- Place couscous in a saucepan and add just enough water to cover by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, and remaining pepper.
- Whisk well and pour over couscous.
- Chop vegetables and add to quinoa along with cheese, cherry tomatoes that have been halved and basil.
- Toss well.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.