Lemon Pepper Eggplant Bites
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs, gluten free
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp black ground pepper, coarse
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
- Wash and cut eggplant into 2 inch cubes and soak in 1 cup coconut milk.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients except EVO and mix until a textured paste. Should be moist and sticky.
- Coat eggplant cubes with mixture, using fingers to ensure coating sticks and evenly distributed.
- Pour half of EVO in a baking dish and distribute evenly.
- Place baking dish in oven set to preheat at 350°. Remove when oven is preheated and increase oven temperature to 375°.
- Layer eggplant bites in baking dish and top with remaining EVO.
- Return to oven and bake eggplant bites until golden brown, turning once to ensure even browning. About 20 minutes.
- May also be "pan fried" with 1 tbsp. EVO per cooked batch.
- Serve with Lemon-Basil Sauce.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.