Chocolate Filled Stawberries (V)
Vegan Dark Chocolate-filled Strawberries
- 1 lbs. med strawberries, fresh (about 24 strawberries)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, unrefined
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
- Wash and hull strawberries with a paring knife, hollowing out center and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- If you don't own a double boiler, fill a 4 quart pot half full of water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place chocolate chips in a small metal or glass bowl and dip into hot water, whisking constantly as chocolate melts.
- Add coconut oil and continue to whisk.
- When chocolate is completely melted and coconut oil is incorporated, working quickly place melted chocolate into a pastry bag. May also use a zip-locked sandwich bag with one corner snipped.
- Using pastry bag, fill each strawberry with melted chocolate and set onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill filled berries in fridge for 1/2 hour until chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.