Dark Chocolate Beet Brownies
- 2 BEETS, RAW, PEELED
- 3 large EGG WHITES
- 2/3 cup BROWN SUGAR, ORGANIC
- 1/3 cup SUGAR, RAW
- 1/2 cup COCONUT OIL,
- 2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT, 100% PURE, NO ALCOHOL
- 1 1/4 cup RAW CACAO POWDER
- 3/4 cup GLUTEN-FREE ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 tsp BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 tsp SEA SALT
- 1 cup DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS, VEGAN
- In a medium saucepan, cover beets with water by an inch.
- Place the pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the beets are soft enough to pierce through the center with a knife, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and puree the beets. You may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to the beets to get them to puree smoothly. Add only what you need.
- Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and oil.
- Add vanilla and beet puree and whisk until fully combine.
- Mix the cacao powder, GF flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients then stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 inch baking pan lined with parchment.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies
- comes out clean but still moist.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Store in air tight container for up to 3 days.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.