Chicken Stew (GF)
- 1 lb. chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup potatoes, skin on, raw, diced
- 4 oz. carrots, baby, raw
- 1 1/2 tsp cloves, whole
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour, gluten free
- 1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% cold pressed, unrefined
- 1/2 small onion, raw
- 1/2 tsp ginger root, raw
- 1 whole tomato
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a deep skillet or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion, grated ginger root, and minced garlic until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Tie peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon in a piece of cheesecloth.
- Add cheesecloth package, chicken, 2 cups of water, and Worcestershire sauce to onion mixture and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and peas.
- Simmer, covered, until cooked, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove cheesecloth package.
- Portions can be doubled and frozen.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.