Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 lbs chicken breast, boneless, skinless (4 halves)
- 2 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour, organic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard seed, yellow
- 4 slices ham, 5% fat, organic (optional)
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, part skim
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place breasts, smooth side up, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
- Using the smooth side of a meat mallet, flatten breasts to half or less of their original thickness.
- Cut each slice of cheese in half and place half a slice on each slice of ham.
- Fold each ham slice over the cheese to form a packet that is about half as big as the piece of chicken.
- Place a packet on top of each breast. If making without ham, place cheese slices directly on top of chicken breast.
- Fold the breast in half over the packet.
- Use a wooden toothpick or small metal skewer to secure each breast.
- On a medium plate, mix GF flour, mustard powder, and paprika.
- Coat each breast with flour mixture, then tap lightly to remove excess.
- Heat a large non stick oven proof skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of skillet.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and sauté on each side about 5 minutes.
- Finish in a 350 ° oven for about 20 minutes.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.