Carrot Parsnip Soup
- 2 tbsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- 2 1/2 cup ONION, RAW, CHOPPED
- 3 cup PARSNIP, RAW, sliced
- 2 1/2 cup CARROT, RAW, SLICED
- 3 cup WATER, DISTILLED
- 4 cup VEGETABLE BROTH, ORGANIC, LOW SODIUM
- 1 tsp SALT, SEA
- 1 tsp BLACK PEPPER, GROUND
- Heat oil in a large saucepot.
- Add onion and chopped garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add chopped parsnip, chopped carrot, water and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, process until smooth. If using a blender or food processor, you may have to puree in batches.
- Return to pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Freezes well.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.