Cajun Tortilla Wrap
- 1/4 lbs turkey sausage, hot, smoked
- 1/4 med onion, raw, diced
- 1/4 med green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, raw, diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, raw, minced
- 1/2 cup basmati rice, dry
- 5/8 cup water
- 4 oz tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 tsp pepper, red or cayenne
- 1/2 lbs. chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper, black, ground
- 8 tortilla gluten free tortilla, corn
- 2 med tomatoes, raw
- 1 small onion, raw
- For jambalaya rice heat medium non stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook sausage, bell pepper, celery, and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining jambalaya rice ingredients (water tomato sauce and cayenne).
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Set aside.
- For the spicy chicken strips, rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut breasts into 8 strips.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle half the seasoning mixture on the side of chicken.
- Heat l0-inch non stick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken strips, seasoned side down, in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture over the top surface.
- Cook the chicken strips 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they are no longer pink in the center.
- Set aside.
- If preparing wraps to eat right away, preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Wrap tortillas completely in foil and warm for 10 minutes.
- To assemble wraps, place a few slices of tomato and red onion in the middle of a tortilla. Warm for eating right away or room temperature for later.
- Place a cooked chicken strip on top of the tomato and onion slices.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of rice onto the chicken.
- Fold the right third of the tortilla to the center.
- Bring the bottom half up to the top.
- Roll the bottom edge up to the top.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.