Butternut Squash Soup
Butter Nut Squash Soup
1 1/2 cup per serving
- 1 cup onion, raw, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 100% first cold pressed, unrefined
- 6 cups butternut squash, raw, cubed
- 3 cups water, distilled
- 4 cups vegetable broth, organic, low sodium
- ½ tsp marjoram, ground
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp salt, sea
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, ground
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, low fat
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in the EVO.
- Add squash, water, broth and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese with an immersion blender. If using a regular blender or food processor you may have to puree in batches.
- Return to heat to heat through, do not boil.
- Freezes well.
© 2023 Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.