Butternut Squash Casserole (GF)
- 2 tsp OLIVE OIL, EXTRA VIRGIN, 100% first cold pressed unrefined
- 6 medium APPLE W/SKIN, RAW
- 1/2 cup APPLE JUICE, 100% juice; Organic
- 1/4 tsp CINNAMON, GROUND
- 3 cup BUTTERNUT SQUASH, RAW, cubed
- 2 tbsp BUTTER, organic, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp SALT, SEA
- 1 tsp PEPPER, BLACK, GROUND
- 1 cup CORN FLAKES CEREAL, gluten free, RTE
- 1/4 cup BROWN SUGAR, LIGHT
- 1/4 cup PECAN, DRIED, RAW, CHOPPED
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roast butternut squash on a baking sheet until tender, about 45-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool and mash.
- Grease a 3 quart casserole with oil. Set aside.
- Place apple and apple juice in a large non stick skillet and cook over medium heat until tender. Place in the bottom of the prepared dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Combine squash, butter, salt and pepper and spread over the apples..
- Crumble the cornflakes, add melted butter, brown sugar and pecans until evenly mixed.
- Spread over squash mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Copyright © 2016. ChristLight Productions Ltd, LLC. All Rights Reserved.